The understanding of CHAT.

After reading "Cultural-Historical Activity Theory: Because S*#t is Complicated" By Joyce R walker. It was pretty complicated trying to understand what it actually meant. While she compared it to the rhetorical triangle it made more sense that CHAT theory was basically a complicated way of the rhetorical triangle. CHAT is the seven ways of helping us produce good writing. We use this to research things, learn facts, and learn ideas. The term of CHAT that is the easiest for me to understand is production. Production is the tools you need to produce writing. Many people, like me use computers or laptops, some people might use their phones. You also need internet to access these devices. Another term that is easy to understand is Activity, the things you are physically doing to write. That can be walking back and forth thinking of an idea if you're stuck and you don't know what to write about. Going to your next-door neighbor's dorm room and asking for their advice, maybe they can help you think of something to write. A CHAT term that is a little more difficult for me to understand is Distribution and ecology, the more I study the more I get to understand the meaning of it. I can utilize CHAT in class for my papers. That of course being the main tool we use it for. This theory will help my writing. In high school learning about the rhetorical triangle, that was just the basics of writing and understanding a simple paper. The papers we will be writing in college will have to be long and complex we will always need to explain and do a little more explaining, so we will need help and CHAT will be one of the tools that will help me write good paper for my college career. 




Comments

Popular Posts