Thoughts on Translinguaism

As a whole I think translinguaism is the difference of languages around the world that are English. Amongst the different type of Countries, the language English is different. Of course, many people know that there is a huge difference between Amercian English and English that is spoken in European Countries like England and Ireland. The words we use in America like Pants and fries, they would have a completely different word they used for it like People in England calls Pant, trousers or Fries, Chips. English is also different in other Countries and continents, which are Canada and Australia. In Australia English is there Main/primary Language. They have an accent different from American and European English.  I had a difficult time reading and understanding about the meaning of Translinguaism, it could mean more than just being the difference of the language English. After reading Miles Apart: How Moving to the US Transformed Communication with My Best Friend by Elena Petrova by Elena Petrova, I got a better understanding of the meaning of Translingual. Translingual writing is "bringing the various languages into the same space and communicate with one another" According to the Illinois State University Writing Program. I think the more I would research and learn about it the more I would understand it.  Translinguaism can be applicable to my life because it has a bigger meaning then just Learning and speaking one language. It could expand my vocabulary and help me write better essays. linguistic culture and background to help me navigate to acknowledge and negotiate the various languages and rhetorical styles I bring into my writing. In my life I can communicate better with people around me in different settings. Like when I plan on going out the country. Having a bigger vocabulary will help me navigate around the foreign setting that I'm in. 


Comments

Popular Posts