How I feel about research.

During my academic life starting from third grade, I did my first research project. I remember being nervous about how I was going to accumulate such a large amount of information to start and finish my project. My teacher at the time had us plan out what we were going to do first and so on and on. Having a procedure for the project really helped me prepare a cohesive project, especially because I had to present what I had made the project about, which was Baluga whales to many other students at my school. I want to use my antecedent knowledge on how to research a specific topic, and of course you need a procedure on how you are going to do it, so the information does not get mixed up. In high school my reading teacher assigned us a research paper. I usually have trouble finding good reliable resources that I can get information from. He gave us a school resources website where I can find many articles about the topic I am researching on. It was very helpful because I already knew I could trust this website information because they are school approved resources. Some aspects of resources I find helpful are websites, they are simple and easy to read, and you can search up anything specific. Since this will be a group project and we have to actually communicate and engage with the organization I think the most helpful resource could be an interview. Having an interview with someone who is involved in the organization and can specifically give us information on what they do and why they are in that organization could be a big part of our project. An aspect of research that I don't find helpful is data analysis and graphs since is doesn't correspond to our research project. 

Comments

Popular Posts