How I feel about Peer review

 My past experiences with peer review were actually helpful. Some of them weren't, but overall, I had better experiences in high school with peer review then in elementary school. In high school, the peer reviews were about a Physics project I had to do in class. It was the typical egg drop experiment and I did not know if my shield around the egg was going to protect it. After My teacher assigned peer reviews, I got great and helpful feedback that later changed my project into being successful. I ended up passing and getting an A on my egg drop project. Another peer review experience I had in elementary was not so helpful, I was assigned to someone who barely came to school, so she did not complete the assignment. She did not know what to do so unfortunately, she could not help me and give me notes on how to make my assignment better. Of course, I could not help her either. Peer reviews should be able to closely look at the persons assignment they are reviewing. They should make sure their topic is cohesive throughout the entire paper or project, look out for grammar or spelling mistakes. Looking at the rubric helps a lot to because you clearly know what you are looking for and what should be included in the paper or project. Before you have a peer review, the writer should make sure they at least have an idea of what they are writing about, and they should have questions to ask the reviewer after they are done looking over the assignment. Having a peer review should be very helpful and important to your assignment. I would always look over what my reviewer said about the project or paper and take it into consideration on how I should fix my assignment and make it better. 

Comments

Popular Posts